Friday, April 07, 2017

More Gracious Extra Miles and Beyond...


Leigh Anne, the nurse practitioner at Kamath Medical, called me late yesterday afternoon around five. It surprised and scared me at first. Was something wrong? I almost didn't answer the phone due to my damnable phone phobias. I was relieved when it was Leigh Anne's svelte voice on the other end of the line.

"How are you feeling?" she asked me very inquisitively and sympathetically.

"I am fine, except for some pretty hefty drowsiness," I told Leigh Anne. "But my injection always does that."

"I just wanted to check on you and hoped to find things okay," She said. "That has to be the biggest needle I've encountered in my medical career."

"Thank you so much for calling Leigh Anne," I told her very sincerely. "You just made me smile!"

Now With 75% More Meat...

In my mind's eye, I can conjure up images of vegetarians and vegans cringing in sheer disgust and protest. 

That's what it said on the bag of Purina One Pure Instinct...It wasn't a very big bag, but it cost $14.99.

"Let's try a bag and mix things up a bit," I told myself. "I hope Maggie will eat venison and turkey. Maggie's been eating the lamb and rice formula for years."

Well, Maggie scarfed down a bowl of the stuff like she was starving and just loves the change.

No comments: