Saturday, January 17, 2004

Well, I did it......

I got up the courage to email the camp director so hopefully I will hear back some news on my proposal to him this week. Wish me luck as this just may be the break I have been looking for.

Here is the email I sent.....

Dear Donnie, Chuck, or Chris,

My name is Jonathon and you may remember me. I was a camper and CIT at falling creek for many years. I was also a counselor my last summer at camp and my brother Alex was my CIT. I worked in the kitchen the summer of York Pharr's last tenure as the owner and at the same time was helping in Arts and Crafts so am quite familiar with both areas.

I was wondering if you ever excepted offers for volunteer work for preseason and/or summer work. I have a steady income from Social Security Disability so I do not need a salary. I do have a disability but am quite able to do physical work such as helping in the kitchen, helping with hikes(I was planning on hiking the Appalachian trial some day and have all the gear to do so), Arts and Crafts, or just doing various odd jobs like landscaping and camp clean up.

Going to Falling Creek every summer as a child was one the greatest experiences of my life. My memories of attending there are some of the best I have and those were some of the best times of my life.

The only compensation I would ask in return is simple bed in the kitchen crew cabin(or other cabin) and meals. I would bring me great joy to be able to help with something that meant so much to me. This would be the greatest award I could gain from this endeavor.

I do hope you will consider my offer and I would very much like to hear your thoughts on this proposal. Take care and have a good week.

Sincerely,

Andrew

No comments: