Friday, July 17, 2009

Over Hill and Dale...

I occasionally have these fits of depression.  "Tell your psychiatrist," dad keeps telling me.  "You have struggled with this for years - ever since you were a small child."  By the time an appointment rolls around, I feel better so mums the word.  I personally don't want to be put on any more medications.  I equally hate experiencing these depressive fits so it's a Catch-22. 

My dear little darling dog is playing hooky today.  She's stretched out on the bed watching The Weather Channel.  Normally, she would be spending her time watching and guarding for the countless pedestrians that walk the road in front of my house.  I wish I was like her and could just sleep on a whim. I will occasionally walk into the room, sit down, pet Maggie, and see what the weather is doing.  She can really put on a lackadaisical show as she stretches her body fully and looks content.

Helen's been over here cooking today.  We are still trying to help mom with her diet.  It is going to be another baked chicken day, but Helen is going to spice them up with some barbecue sauce.  The smells coming from kitchen are currently heavenly. 

I am super relieved I don't have to have surgery.  I will still have to go twice a week for rehabilitation, though.  Mom went today to buy me a watch so I will know what time to be at the hospital.  "She did that so she won't have to take you," dad said, laughing.    

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Keep us posted on your physical therapy. Maggie's got the right idea, doesn't she?

Leann said...

In the heat, Maggie has the right idea Andrew. I understand on the depression coming and going and talking to someone about it.

Hope the bbq chicken was a success!

Cheryl said...

Doesn't Maggie play hooky every day? That made me think of the dog days of summer :) She does have the right idea.

I'm sorry the depression comes. Thank goodness it also goes.

The Middle Aged Woman said...

I'm so happy that you don't have to have surgery. You're little Maggie girl has the life living with you. It's a good life. Enjoy your chicken dinner. I wish I could have dinner with you every Friday night!

Summer

(M)ary said...

Maggie, the weather dog!! She is on guard against cold fronts and partly cloudy days.

Jopan said...

Ah ha! this explains it. Maggie is a yorkie, that is standard yorkie behavier. they're tiny and therefore easily frightened. i mean everything is huge to them so pretty much everything could eat them. no i think your dog might just be a reguler yorkie, and may not have been mistreated. (of course i don't know for certain. But i've never met a yorkie not like that) i got my first clue then i read how much she barks and then i saw a picture. Haha! yorkies, gotta love um.