Monday, May 11, 2009

Weight Watchers...

Tomorrow is the big day.  Mom starts Weight Watchers.  That is all she talked of today was about how much she is dreading dieting. 

"I dread everything," I told her to make her feel better.  "I get it from your mother."

"I even dread taking a shower," mom chimed in on the pity party.

I couldn't help but laugh at our little tell-all expose.   Helen just smiled as she stood by us ironing dad's shirts as we sat at the kitchen table.  You can bet she was taking in every word we were saying.

Mom and Dad have been in Maryland for a week seeing my brother and his family.  It has been nice having Charlie giving me my medications at night.  Charlie doesn't dote over me.  He brings me food, lavishes Maggie with attention, and leaves.  He doesn't even check under my tongue as dad always does to see if I have hidden the pills.  Dad is the pharmaceutical equivalent of what the Gestapo was to the Third Reich. 

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

Weight Watchers is a real commitment. Are your mom and Helen ready for the big changes in their menus? WW is the best. Really healthy. Funny analogy of your dad as the drug czar! If he's been in MD, he's been sharing our rain. And as I write that, it's raining again. We did have an almost 2 day reprieve.

Good to hear from you again!

becomingkate said...

I dread showering some days! (It's because my hair takes SO LONG to dry & style)

forsythia said...

Hee hee hee! LOL. Pharmaceutical equivalent!

Kathy said...

Where in Maryland are they?

Charlotte said...

I find myself dreading a lot of things these days. And after spending two days in the hospital with no answers, I am even more cynical. Be thankful you have someone who cares enough to make sure you take your medications. I feel, right now, that nobody cares about my pain and I'm left to feel it alone. Sad isn't it?

(M)ary said...

sometimes i dread taking a shower too. so i take a bath instead.

Irishcoda said...

Best wishes to your mom trying Weight Watchers. I've been there about 5 times in my weight loss struggle over the past 20 years...and I finally had weight loss surgery.

Geesh, your dad checks under your tongue? He really doesn't trust you at all, huh!

Portia said...

You have such funny expressions for your dad:) Good luck to your mom! I've heard good things about that program. I hope it's a good day!

Leann said...

I've never tried Weight Watchers but I've heard it works well.

Perhaps your father has his own mental health issues. It's not just your mom who contributed :-)

kristi said...

Funny,I always pictured your Mom as a really skinny lady! Is she heavy??