Sunday, September 09, 2007

Annabel's Interview

I asked my good blogging friend, Annabel, to think of some questions for this blog meme going around. As I had predicted, she asked questions I would enjoy answering. Thank you, Annabel.

1.You mentioned that you were thinking of going to church. What have been your church experiences? Did you go as a kid? Where you Baptized? If you go, which church will you attend?

I had a great experience on my grandmother's farm growing up. She went to a little country church with charismatic preachers. I always felt at home despite the doom and gloom in the preaching. The people going to that church were loving, kind, community based. I was baptized at around twelve which I think was too young. I really didn't understand the meaning of salvation and the implications. I will probably attend my mother's Catholic church for awhile and see how that goes. She is going to start going with me. My neighbor, Joyce, said her church would be "too elderly" for my tastes.


2. I know you love the weather. Have you ever seen a real tornado (in life, not t.v.)? What is the most interesting weather phenomenon that you have experienced?

I have never seen a tornado, but I have seen funnel clouds -- the harbingers of tornadoes. The most interesting weather phenomenon I lived through was the super storm of '93. Snow drifts piled up against the trailer I was living in and it swayed in the harsh wind all night long. I remember leaving work and the snow was really coming down and it was lightning and thundering something crazy (thunder snow). I was my only experience with a snow more than just a few inches.

3. You are an amazing writer and I know you’re writing your memoirs. If you could choose any writer in history (or current) to write your biography, who would it be and why?

William Faulkner, bar none. Of course, I would choose a southern writer from Mississippi. Faulkner had a way of being hard to read and obtuse much like my own life and emotions. I would love to read how he handled my alcoholism, schizophrenia, and my interactions with George and the gang. I would love for his biography of me to be The Sound and the Fury Part II.


4. If you could change anything about your appearance, what would you change?

Puffy cheeks. I hate my puffy cheeks. The picture I show on this blog sometimes was when I was at my slimmest. I miss those cheekbones being shown.

5. If you could choose your very last meal before you die, what would you have?

That's an interesting question, but easy to answer. I would have a plate of my late grandmother's macaroni and cheese -- the traditional southern way she always prepared it with hoop sharp cheddar and a creamy white sauce.


Here's the rules.............

Interview Rules:1) Leave me a comment saying "interview me" along with your email address.2) I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.3) You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions.4) You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. 5) When others comment asking to be interviewed you will ask them five questions.

27 comments:

Vladimir Urbano López said...

interview me!

Vladimir Urbano López said...

interview me! (archundia@bronze.cl)

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Like your interview. Haven't been visiting in awhile so it took me some time to catch up on your daily walks. There is something about those Mississippi authors, ain't it?! Hope you have a blessed evening.
Laura

Josie Two Shoes said...

Interview Me!... josie2shoes@yahoo.com This is a fun idea! :-) Annabel handed you some interesting and difficult questions, Andrew - I thought you did a marvelous job in answering them. I have witnessed "thunder snow" just once - it is indeed amazing!

Whitney said...

Interview Me!!! wcsears@hotmail.com

I am anxious to read what questions you would pick.

I really enjoy reading your blog and while you have never left any comments I assume you have perused my blog at sometime.

Have a great evening!
Whitney

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

If you would enjoy doing so, I would enjoy receiving your interview... therefore:

"Interview Me"

You know my e-mail address.

PipeTobacco

Jbeeky said...

Sure, sounds interesting! Interview me, please.

Anonymous Boxer said...

I would pick macaroni and cheese, too.

:-)

ratulmukh said...

interview me
ratulmukh@yahoo.co.in

nickol said...

Interview me (I think)
d_nickol@yahoo.com

I really enjoy your writing, it makes me stop and think and sometimes hits a bit too close to home.

my blog is http://musingsofawarpedmind.blogspot.com/ if you are interested but it is no where near on the same level as yours.

C.A. said...

I am so pleasantly surprised to see you asking people to have YOU send questions to them, Andrew.

Please....Interview Me!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

Good for you Andrew..to do these memes..I know how they make you feel, and I'm so glad that you did one. If you could interview 5people from your blogging world, what questions would they be, and who'd they be?
I'll leave it up to you to pick and interview..it's more fun that way anyways,..reminds me of giving presents on christmas morning, more so than getting presents..
Can't wait to see your questions to those chosen -should you decide to go down that route!-
Always,
Crusty~

CRUSTYBEEF said...

p.s. There's something truthfully innocent about puffy cheeks...does your mom pinch them? I bet if your grandmother were alive, she'd enjoy a pinch or two on occasion. :)
Always,
Crusty~

nengaku said...

Well, it looks like you've got plenty of takers for the interviews. But if you get bored some sleepless night you may "Interview Me".
nengaku.blogspot.com

Lara said...

Guess I'm probably too late to ask to be interviewed... I guess everyone thinks you could do a great job asking the right questions!

Portia said...

this is a good one...and you did a great job answering.

Candy~ said...

It would be great for you to interview me! thanks! easynavigator@yahoo.com
Candy

abbagirl74 said...

Perhaps because you have so many wanting you to interview them, you should have one set of questions for all? Wow, lots of requests. Don't you just love it?

Gaviota_mx said...

Interview me:-)

gabiota_0606@yahoo.com

Michelle said...

Interview Me!!!! michelle.porebski@gmail.com

:-)

Nikita1 said...

Hi Andrew, If you're done with all your "moves" and you still have energy left, I would like an interview too...:)
chessalee2368@gmail.com
and that macaroni and cheese sounds great! love it too!

EE said...

I've always been apprehensive about doing this, but I'd love for you to interview me!
You're a good guy, Andrew!

jane said...

please interview me! janeemartin@yahoo.com

x
jane

~laurie said...

please interview me too if its not too late :), i've been catching up on my blog reading.

Eric said...

I really love this interview idea. I would love to be interviewed, esp, by someone with such a creative and insightful mind.
brumthun@aol.com
brumbor.blogspot.com

By the way, I am convinced Macaroni and Cheese was what God created on the 8th of creation.

MustangSally said...

interview me!!
jl_mobile@optusnet.com.au

Rae said...

Andrew, I don't know if you are still doing interviewing or not. But I would be interested in being interviewed by you. You can write me at raesconfessions@yahoo.com.

I've been away for awhile and am just catching up with your blog. I'm glad to see that you are going to meetings again.