Monday, September 03, 2007

The Spoils of War

The scuttlebutt down at the shopping center yesterday was that Clara got arrested for "public indecency." She soon came sauntering up the sidewalk looking as if she didn't have a care in the world. I was glad to see her free.

"You're supposed to be in jail," I said as I laughed and she walked by.

"Yeah, well, don't believe all the shit Big S tells you," she said as she turned and grinned.

I looked over at Big S and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Ferret also made an appearance along with Dumpster Diving Dan. Ferret was trying to get Dan to "hook him up" on dumpstered groceries. What Dan finds in the dumpsters is meager pickings. I don't think he relished any competition from Ferret. He certainly didn't look happy at Ferret's encroachment.

"I don't see why that old man would want to be so stingy," Ferret told me.

"Taking Dan's food is like someone stealing your beer, see?"

I had to put it in words that Ferret could understand. Ferret doesn't remember the "dumpster wars" with the old pig farmer that was taking all of Dan's spoils. That was a vicious little turf war and Dan won, finally outlasting the Pig Guy. I still get a chuckle over that one.

11 comments:

LM said...

Glad you're back Andrew. How did the AA meeting go and have you started art classes? Take care of yourself!

Shruti said...

Really glad you're back. Cheers

Josie Two Shoes said...

Fun to catch up on your friends, Andrew... what a cast of characters! That is what you should write a book about, life on the streets!

CRUSTYBEEF said...

hmm, I wonder what happened, or who it was that was involved with a police incident..it has to start somewhere..
hope today is a wonderful day for you!!
Always,
Crusty~

Eric Valentine said...

Just been lurking for a while.

Andrew, wasn't it DDD that used to get the KD that your Mother brought over to you. Did that habit stop once you moved to the house? Just asking. :)

CJM-R said...

Glad to have you back and to know that all is well with you.

What is it like to know that everyone is waiting for your posts? Does that cause more pressure for you when you are having a writer's block?

Barb said...

I hope your holiday weekend was spent relaxing, and spending time doing what you love.

I wait with baited breath for a time when you come again.

B~

CRUSTYBEEF said...

Hope you're having a beautiful night ..it's stunning out tonight isn't it? Will be a great morning for Trains I bet-2morrow!
I'm looking forward to the next post, but don't stress, we're patient!! :)
Always,
Crusty~

Stacy said...

Glad all is well with you. I hope the painting is coming along nicely. :)

Le Fleur said...

Glad to see that everything is alright, you have a wonderful night :)

M said...

turf war over dumpster diving...now that is a story i can appreciate. much more interesting than the depressing or cloying stuff you see on the news.