Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Excited!

I got so excited about Alcoholics Anonymous tonight that I just walked all the way over there and back. I stood there reading the sign and tonight is an open Big Book study. It only took 30 minutes and will be good exercise for the day. I am lucky that I live so close, yet far enough to break a sweat.

The OA (overeaters anonymous) meeting only meets on Mondays and that will give me something to do that day. Now, I need to find out where the NA meetings are held. I've heard from some of the gang that they are held at a church. Hey, that is what the Internet is for!!! Off to look...

4 comments:

Golden To Silver Val said...

I don't know what all happened to motivate you like this Andrew, but its definitely a step in the right direction. I think of you often and wish you the best. You can do this! Your old friends must go just like your old habits...unless they care to join you in making something of their lives, like Rosa. Bless her and bless you too. Stay well, stay happy and stay motivated.

CJM-R said...

What an upbeat post! I am excited for you! Good luck.

CarmenSinCity said...

I used to attend AA Meetings and now I'm really into NA Meetings, but I've also been to GA once and that was kind of neat too. Living in Vegas helps to magnify all of my addictions. There are tons of meetings around here, hopefully there will be a lot for you to choose from too.

CRUSTYBEEF said...

I have an issue with over eating..I eat when I'm bored, when I'm tired, when I'm annoyed..
Course I do that with cigarettes too.
Hopefully it will work for you, and I'm certain it will draw some rather interesting tales!!
Always,
Crusty~