Monday, June 13, 2005

Green Lantern

The yard is alight with the sparkling blinking of fireflies. It reminds me of the Green Lantern comics I read in my youth. Green Lantern had a ring that glowed fluorescent green much like the fireflies. It gave him super human powers.

The humidity of a southern mid-June permeates my clothes and the sheets on my bed. I lay most nights listening to the night time sounds and my radio as the sweat drips down my back. I am at one with my environment and sitting here sweating in a fruit of the loom t-shirt and boxer shorts. I do not mind the heat. On several blogs I read, the authors are complaining about our current heat wave. Earlier in the winter they were complaining about the ice and snow. I guess you can’t please everyone. I for one welcome this turn in the weather. I have had my life time’s fill of cold weather during my stint of homelessness. Bring on the heat ye weather gods.

Last week and weekend was busy. I went out to eat with my mother two times a day. We tried almost all the restaurants in this small town. I have probably gained ten pounds. She was starving and so was I. My father was in Palm Beach, Florida visiting with his cousin so he says or was it his mistress? I could care less about his personal misgivings. I do believe he has more going on than he lets on. At least he takes care of my mother very well and sees about her financially.

My ex-wife has come by several times the past few days. I do not answer the door and she has gone so far as to holler into my open windows trying to reach me. She has also left several suggestive messages on my answering machine. It is all about sex I do believe. Her overweight carcass has not had much success getting fucked since we have broken up and ended our marriage so she turns to me as her ace in her back pocket.

I haven’t had any sexual relations since I broke up with Alaine and plan on keeping it that way. My father always said, “Son, you hand is your best friend.” I am inclined to believe him now that I am older and have had some experience.

No comments: