Monday, June 06, 2005

Stormy Day in Alabama

This kind of weather gets me excited; the classic pop-up thunderstorm southern afternoon. The radar is lit up with wandering storms meandering towards the northeast. After writing this, I am going to pack up a lunch and some cold drinks and head out to a big hilltop in the countryside to storm spot for awhile. It is a pristine 360 degree view of the countryside and the horizon. Good thing my car has four wheel drive cause if it rains hard, I am going to need it. Dirt roads can get awful muddy after a storm.

Today was a busy day. This morning I got my bi-weekly Risperdal shot. Luckily, I didn’t have to wait very long to be seen. A new nurse is giving my shot and she is not very skillful with her technique yet. It was very painful in the old derrière. It is also hard to pull down your pants and expose yourself to someone that you are not familiar with. I try to tell myself that she has probably seen a thousand strange asses in her career.

Next on the agenda was to go to my father’s pharmacy, install a computer, and get it networked and online. It took me hours to get everything running right and networked with his older computers. I finally got his quickscript applications running right so he could fill prescriptions and print prescription labels on that computer. I also got him set up so he could do his weekly stock/drugs/merchandise orders online instead of having to call it in. It gives me great satisfaction to be able to help him in such a capacity. It would have cost him a fortune to have a technician come out and do it.

Well, I must be off to wild woods of the countryside with my trusty weatherband radio in hand. Hopefully some grand weather awaits me.

No comments: