Friday, June 10, 2005

Lost in a Virtual World

I’ve rekindled my love of online gaming now that I have a fantastic internet connection again. The past few days I have been lost in the virtual world of online warfare that is Battlefield: Vietnam. I have been trying to keep my virtual persona alive in frenetic 64 person battles.

Today was the world premiere release of the demo to Battlefield 2. I think I have finally found another game that is going to suck me in for the foreseeable future. I was extremely concerned that my now aging, two year old computer wouldn’t run it well but it runs fabulously with very nice graphics settings and a high frame rate. I was smart in sparing no expense a few years ago on this computer.

Updates to this blog will be sparing and few for the foreseeable future. Frankly, I have grown bored with blogging and blogs in general. The many blogs I once read are either inactive or gone. Most of the authors that I enjoyed update on a frustratingly infrequent basis to the point I no longer stop by. Each to his own I say.

I mainly wanted to let my longtime blogging friends know what’s up. I am fine and well and busy enjoying a new pastime. I just have more intriguing fish on my plate at the moment. I could never do this when I was married as my ex-wife would go ape shit if she even caught a glimpse of me playing.

If you enjoy a good game and are a gamer, fire up Battlefield: Vietnam or Battlefield 2. I will see you on the battlefield.

No comments: