Sunday, June 05, 2005

Kid in a Candy Store

Man, I didn’t realize how bad my internet connection had become. It is just blazing fast now and has not gone down once since this afternoon. I am busily downloading the British television shows I have missed the past few days at huge rates of speed. I feel as if I have rediscovered broad band.

A lone pop up thunderstorm has erupted on the horizon. My windows are filled with the far off flashes of lightning and the room rumbles with occasional thunder. The lightning bugs are also dancing their courtship ballet throughout my backyard; just a typical summer evening in the south. It feels good to be alive and experiencing this after such a dreary and overcast week last week. I think I will go sit out on the porch with a mug of coffee and enjoy the light show despite the oppressive humidity.

No comments: