Sunday, May 29, 2005

Money in My Gas Tank

Well, I had my first call for work yesterday evening. An elderly man called and wanted me to start cutting his grass every week and trimming up. I was there at 7:30 this morning. I did him a very good job and he paid me $25 dollars. I used the money to fill up my car and buy some more gas for my mower and weed eater. It felt so good, I tell ya! I am good at yard work and very thorough. I aim to please.

Dweeb, thanks for the ideas. I printed out some flyers and put one in the window and on the counter at my father’s pharmacy.

I was very disappointed at the cloud cover this morning. We need the heat of the sun to produce popup thunderstorms. I am hoping these clouds will burn off later in the day and it will warm up. I had my hopes up for some interesting weather. So far, it is just cool and overcast. Good weather to work in but not good for the amateur meteorologist in me.

Now, I need to walk over and feed my parent’s cats. I know they are hungry and will be glad to see me. My mother’s cat is named Muffin and is very shy. I call her “Possum Cat” as she looks like a ring tailed possum with huge nocturnal looking eyes. Luckily, she trusts me and will let me pet her and hold her. I am only one of few she will let do this.

Sorry for such a boring entry. I will try to think up something more fun to read later today.

No comments: