Monday, May 30, 2005

Rainy Day Blues

I find myself very depressed today and extremely lonely. It is the weather I believe. It is dank, chilly, and overcast. My hopes for interesting weather were dashed by this unwelcome turn of events. No thunder. No lightning. Just drizzle and chilly air.

I camped out in the yard last night. The sound of the patter of rain on my tent fabric was comforting. I laid there for the longest time listening to my radio. It was a cool night and I slept well in my sleeping bag. I awoke this morning to a drizzle and got dressed. I came inside and fixed a pot of coffee and some toast.

I have nothing to do today and feel out of sorts. Computer games do not interest me. I am in a rut as far as finding anything interesting to read on the internet. I haven’t even turned on my television in over four weeks. I have read every book in the house. What to do? I don’t know. I have a full tank of gas and may take a long drive out into the country. A few long, winding dirt roads may do some good to lift my spirits.

No comments: