Thursday, May 26, 2005

Skeletons In My Closet

I originally wanted to title this post “Reflections”. I am reflecting on times past tonight. My mother saw my ex-wife at a local Mexican restaurant tonight. Of course, my mother had to call me and tell me about it in her usual gossipy way. She said Rachel was very cordial and genteel. She also gossiped to me that she had gained significant weight. I can’t imagine Rachel being any more overweight than she was when we were married. She was so short in stature.

After I hung up the phone, I felt as if a dagger were thrust into my heart. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I felt as if I had seen the specter of a long lost loved one. We have been apart for so long but the very mention of contact with her still brings an overwhelming emotional response from me. When will I ever shake loose from the impact this woman had/has upon me?

No comments: