Sunday, August 16, 2009

After Hours here at 4th Avenue...

It rained yesterday.  One big thunderous bulbous cloud parked over my house and let it all out.  My only lament was that my grass would begin to grow again along with the need to mow it.  I smiled when I went outside to make sure my car was locked and I heard cicadas singing and more thunder.  It was the quintessential southern Saturday evening.

I am up late.  Charlie brought McDonald's tonight.  A Big Mac and fries to be specific.  It did a number on my gastro intestinal system.  Terrible heart burn I tell you.  I am drinking whole milk which usually works for said ailment.   

4 comments:

The Middle Aged Woman said...

I love the cicadas.

(M)ary said...

it has been a wet cool summer here. today it is getting up to 90 but the evenings are still cool. no real complaint, except what you mentioned, the LAWN STILL NEEDS TO BE MOWED!!! I count on these days in summer where the grass burns brown and doesn't grow. Not to mention the dandelions...bless their hearts, they still grow too.

Sophie said...

How I love rainstorms! Sorry about the McD attack, their food will do it to me every time.

Kathy said...

We could use a few storms here. It's been hot and humid. Funny comment about the lawn. :)