Saturday, August 15, 2009

Caretaker Charlie...

Charlie is my caretaker this week since dad and mom are in Birmingham with my sister.  He is taking real good care of Maggie and I.  Last night, he grilled burgers and dogs and brought me and Maggie some.  The night before, his wife cooked a wonderful macaroni salad, pork loin, black eyed peas, and corn bread. 

I noticed today that Maggie has not eaten her Purina One in weeks.  I guess she is getting enough food from me.  The little portly thing certainly hasn't lost any weight.  But she isn't fat either so all is well.

Every day it is the same.  The highlight of my day is getting my psychiatric medications.  I used to hate to take them because I thought my family was trying to control my behavior with them.

Well, the two little yellow Klonopin are a Godsend.  I am typically a nervous, jittery fellow normally.  I take those pills and it is coolsville. 

3 comments:

(M)ary said...

ah, technically today isn't the same as you now have a nephew! (-:

Kathy said...

The food sounds wonderful. Glad you are doing well. How is your sister feeling? The baby?

Sophie said...

There is comfort in routine, good food, and good friends who bring it to you, and we both know that nothing tops the comfort of a furry companion. Your life may be simple and at times feel boring to you, Andrew, but there are those who would envy what you have, and I love watching you have have come to terms with it and made peace with your family and yourself. Despite the ups and downs that we all experience, Andrew is in a good place and I smile when I think of you! If I joined you and Maggie at some of those feasts, I'd soon be round as a barrel! :-)