Monday, August 17, 2009

Therapied....

Boy, did they work my knee and foot this morning.  "Keep giving me ten more pulls," was what I heard a hundred times this morning.  Then, they hooked me up to this electrical stimulus machine.   I will just be nice and say it was certainly stimulating.

Mom sat in the lobby and read a book.  Dad calls her our secretary.  She takes care of all the little details like getting my appointments set up for next week.

"You ready to go?" mom asked as I walked into the lobby finished.

You could tell she was ready to drive home even if it had only been 45 minutes.

"Let's get a biscuit!" mom then said loudly on the drive home and pulled into McDonald's.

She turned abruptly enough and fast enough that I had to grab the "OH SHIT!" bar.

"Hunger Strikes!" I said loudly and both of us laughed. 

I won't tell you what happened next because it was gross.  Let's just say mom had an accident in the McDonald's bathroom.  I was glad to get my two sausage biscuits though.       

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

You're pretty funny! I can relate to the mom in the bathroom with my own mom. I don't want to get old!

(M)ary said...

wait...you skipped describing the stimulating and the gross part. not sure if i should thank you for sparing me the details or ask for more of an explanation.

Tory said...

Hi Andrew:
It's been awhile but I'm back and I have caught up with all your news, even though it took awhile, it was great.
Have missed you, but think of u often.
Give Maggie a kiss for me, and keep up the good work. You're amazing!
By the way, as a person from the south, could you tell me what 'chitlins' are?? I have no idea.
Love
Tory

Kelly Jene said...

Ouch and ick. ;)

This IS The Fun Part! said...

Oh my! Poor mom - poor Andrew! Bless her heart! So proud of how well you're doing . . but maybe mom should stay home.

Um - Tory...I'm not sure you really want to know. Chitlins are pig intestines cleaned really well and deep fried! Some folks like them. The "proper" spelling is chitterlings . . . but I've never heard anyone actually call them that. If you Google "Chitlin Strut", you'll find at least one festival where they celebrate this fine gormet tidbit! By the way, don't breathe anywhere near (within 8.6 miles) of where they are being cooked - DAMN do they stink!

Grannie

Leann said...

Getting old absolutely sucks~~

Joy said...

"I had to grab the "OH SHIT!" bar"

I've never heard this phrase before - hilarious!

Found you from doing a "schizophrenia" search under "Interests."

:o)

Immanuel Kant said...

Já entrei no seu, entre no nosso..
www.filosofiaikant.blogspot.com