Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Operation Oil Change...

Sometimes little gifts are bestowed upon us and it is best to always remember them later to give in return and to say, "Thank you."

Mom had asked me about changing the oil in my car yesterday.  Now follow me closely in that me getting an oil change is a gargantuan feat.  It takes a carefully orchestrated ordeal to get my car out to AMAC and get this done.  I can't pay for them.

"When was the last time you had your oil changed?" Mom asked yesterday.

"The week my stolen car was returned to me by the police," I told her.

"That's been two years!" mom exclaimed.  

Well, dearest mom followed me out there this morning and I have an oil pan of clean, fresh oil now.  I'm not too worried about engine damage since I've driven less than one thousand miles in those two years.  It is nice to have peace of mind though.  That is the only car I am going to have for the foreseeable future.  Thank you mom.  I love you. 

7 comments:

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

No hope yet for you getting money of your own to spend?

PipeTobacco

Lena said...

Nice of mom to help you out and that you are so grateful.

Kathy said...

Good for you and for your mom's remembering! I can't say I EVER asked my son that question! :)

(M)ary said...

aw...your mom is looking out for you. that is sweet.

Jessica said...

That's great! :) Too long since your last oil change.

How have you been doing?

Leann said...

Thank you for reminding me of that particular chore.

Enjoy your day!!

Cheryl said...

I usually remember to change my oil way past the time it should be done. It's always fine. I'm not great at upkeep, but I get by.