Friday, October 01, 2004

The Annual Waverly Barbeque Extravaganza……

First off, I wanted to write a little bit about last nights presidential debates. I watched the whole hour and a half of last night’s debate and felt content that Kerry did a good job. I did realize that this was nothing like the debates of old. This was a carefully planned and scripted affair with all the questions asked decided a long time ago.

Bush came across as fidgety and caught off guard in my opinion. I was about to scream if he muttered “Uhhhhh” one more time before answering. At one point he talked about his plan to succeed in Iraq. I would like to see more divulged about that plan but they never talk about it at all. I also chuckled at his attempt to scare voters into voting for him as if Kerry was elected then there would be more terrorist attacks. He also talked of making “tuff decisions” as if Kerry would not be able to do this if he gained office.

As of this morning an MSNBC news poll had Kerry at 62 % and Bush at 38% on who won the debate. Okay, enough of talking politics. I just wanted to share my satisfaction with the outcome of the debates. Kerry successfully swayed my father who is a long time Republican to vote for him in November.

________________________________________


Tomorrow I get to have some fun. My great aunt has two tickets to the annual Waverly town hall barbeque. This is real pit-cooked, homemade barbeque and Brunswick stew and I look forward to it.

They are going to have lots of fun activities. They are going to have mule drawn wagon rides, horseback rides, an archery range, a shooting range, a pumpkin carving contest, a horseshoe throwing competition, a bake sale, and tons of activities for the kids. I hope they have a good turnout from the surrounding towns as Waverly is a tiny town. I think the population was only over 300 a few years ago.

I look forward to going tomorrow and my great aunt has already called to make sure I am coming. She is expecting me there at 10 am. uhhhgggg! lol I have to get up early. It is about a 45 minute drive to her house in the country.

Well, I hope you all have a great weekend. Hopefully, I will have some interesting things to write about come Monday. Take care and be well.

No comments: