Thursday, June 01, 2006

A Morning with Ferret

I spent a long time down at Ferret’s campsite this morning. He is doing well these days although he was drinking beer at such an ungodly hour. I don’t see how these guys can drink so early in the morning. The thought just makes my stomach turn.

Ferret then asked me to go get us some breakfast. I walked the short distance over the train tracks to Sarah Jay’s eatery and got us two breakfast plates. They contained scrambled eggs, grits, bacon, and a very large biscuit. We sat eating as we talked. Ferret paid me back the money for buying these and it was much appreciated as I am running low on money these days. I wonder where Ferret is getting money these days.

I finally bid Ferret farewell and stopped by the local train depot to watch a train pass. I then made my way up to the grocery store. Big S immediately started to beg me for a cigarette.

“Fuck off, you moocher!” I said tersely.

“You ain’t gotta be all like that,” Big S said.

I apologized and asked Big S to leave me alone about the cigarettes. He agreed and apologized as well. I actually felt sorry for the bastard.

I was hoping to catch George to catch up on what he has been doing. I tried to call him on his cell phone, but couldn’t reach him. I then rode my bike on home to write this. I am feeling very sad and languid today. I needed George to cheer me up. He always makes me laugh.

No comments: