Sunday, June 11, 2006

Quiet Day

Well, I didn’t see George or any of the gang today. I was too lazy to ride down to Ferret’s campsite or the shopping center. Today was a laid back Sunday spent reading books, smoking cigarettes, and drinking coffee. I am reading Kate Chopin’s The Awakening.

I walked over at lunch time and ate with my parents. My father is such a wonderful cook. He learned to cook later in life when my mother came down with late onset schizophrenia. She spends much of her time in the bed these days. Dad cooked a pork loin, rattlesnake green beans, squash, boiled potatoes, and cornbread. It was a good old southern lunch and was delicious. I ate two helpings and was stuffed.

Hopefully, I will get down to Ferret’s campsite early in the morning. I have a few more movies I want to give to him. No doubt he will come back up to the house to recharge that DVD player as well. You can only watch about two movies on one charge. It will be good to see him. I also plan on hanging out for a while at the shopping center so maybe I will have some tales about Big S, Droopy, and the gang to write about in the next few days.

I hope you all had a great weekend and I appreciate your reading and your comments. You make this endeavor worthwhile. Take care and good night.

No comments: