Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Creek side I bide my Time

This morning found me out at the pond on spring road tossing small pebbles into the water. It was a bright and beautiful morning with just a hint of chilliness in the air. Ducks quacked nosily as they floated aimlessly upon the water. A few ventured close enough out of curiosity for me to get a good look at them. I sat in the damp dew laden grass until I had drunk all the hot coffee from my thermos. I then walked on around the pond to the creek that feeds it and sat by the softly babbling water. I saw a lone crayfish work its way up the creek bed against the current. It reminded me of all the times as a child I spent down at the local creek capturing such crayfish for my aquarium at home.

I found myself walking up my driveway around 9 AM after another six mile day. I started well before dawn and the sun had risen quite a bit over the horizon when I had arrived home. This morning’s sunrise was glorious. The horizon was awash in bright hues of orange before the first bright sliver of the sun peeked over the tree tops. Wispy cirrus clouds in bright colors curled across the sky like pulled puffs of cotton in the predawn light.

My arrival at home found me standing over the stove cooking my usual breakfast of cheese eggs, thick sliced bacon, grits, and toast. I have gotten breakfast down to a fine art now and it only takes a moment to prepare everything. I was voraciously hungry this morning and could have eaten another plate, but was far too lazy to mess the kitchen up once again after my first foray into cooking for the day.

Pipe Tobacco had asked if I am still smoking my pipe. If you are a long time reader then you know I am an all or nothing kind of fellow. I can’t do anything in moderation it seems. I have set aside my pipe as well for the time being. I didn’t want to take a chance on restirring the old monster that is nicotine addiction. The first few days of quitting smoking cigarettes are hard enough without me compounding the problem. I had gotten were I didn’t smoke my pipe much anyways.

9 comments:

austere said...

lovely description of the morgen..

Anonymous said...

pon este bloc en espaƱol, please Spanisch entiendes o no? interesty blog bravo

Anonymous said...

I wonder how you afford your lovely life style if you dont work.

Andrew said...

I sell drugs. :-)

abbagirl74 said...

hehe, good comeback slick. That's the Andrew I know and love!

abbagirl74 said...

Dearest Anonymous - Who are you to critique how others are living? Who are you to question someone's lifestyle? Are you anonymous because you are too ashamed to let us know about who you are?

You see, dearest anonymous, Andrew may be nice enough to not say what we are all thinking, but today, I am not. If you cannot leave a comment which is nice, don't leave one at all. Andrew's blog is a place where his online FRIENDS join together to experience life and daily struggles together. If you cannot politely take part in that, than butt out!

Keeph said...

Loved the comeback to the anonymous comment asking how you afford your lifestyle(as if it were any of their business). I had to snicker a bit;)
I love reading your blog. your writing is so detailed that it makes me feel like im there seeing it all for myself. Thank you so much.

austere said...

anon, go take a hike.

Sue said...

Ok that was simply too funny. Good job Andrew ;-) Maybe anonymous may need some of what your selling, it could perhaps give IT something to do with it's time instead of being a shit disturber. HA!