Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Today's Photo Hike...

Today, I set out for my daily six mile hike out Spring Road. They were polishing the railheads down at the tracks so I decided to stay away to avoid any railroad police. The rails were my preferred avenue of hiking today, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I took my camera and these are some images I took on my hike so you get to see what I saw. I love hiking out Spring Road as it is rarely traveled and you don’t have to dodge traffic. These daily hikes have proved so important to my mental wellness these days just to get out of the house and have the calmness and introspection such walks bring. The exercise also helps my body as well in a physical sense. I do realize that I am a poor photographer. Maybe my skills will improve with time and practice.

The walk out of my neighborhood in front of my house.


The houses grow sparse on the city limits.


The church on the outskirts of town.


Through the woods I walk once escaping town. I love this stretch of my hike and will often camp out here during the spring and summer.


A splash of winter color along the side of the road off into the woods that caught my eye.


Vast pastures accompany me along the road once I escape the woods.


A cattle farm that lines Spring Road.


The long road rarely traveled ahead of me.


The small African American church with the quaint graveyard near the end of my hike.


Where the asphalt meets dirt. This is the three mile mark where I turn around and walk back home for a six mile hike.

8 comments:

fiwa said...

Oh cool! How neat to see pictures of your hike, your home, and Maggie! Some parts of your hike remind me of east Texas, where some of my family lives.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Thanks for taking the time to blog, I get so much enjoyment out of checking in to see what you're up to each day.

Take care,
fiwa

2 The World U R 1 Person, 2 1 Person U R The World said...

You did a wonderful job picking out your camera. The pictures are clear and sharp. And as for your comment about you being a poor photographer... NONSENSE! These are lovely shots and I'm glad you're sharing them.
Looking forward to more!

Liz

abbagirl74 said...

Looks like a calendar. I am totally jealous of the scenery. Can you teach me to post pictures on my blog?

Cheryl said...

Spring Road is much like I imagined. You're fortunate to have so much open space around you. Your camera takes great pictures, as does the photographer!

alphabet soup said...

Wow!! Seeing these photos is great, now when you talk about Spring Rd I will visualise the scenes in your photos. You are going to have a great time with this new camera - I just know it.

Anonymous said...

GREAT PICS!!!! Makes me want to come and visit.

Jo Ann

Summer said...

I love the pine trees.

austere said...

The one with the church and the road with the corner where the road you take escaping town- really NICE.*badhiya hai*