Friday, December 29, 2006

This Old House…

I am mainly posting this for Annabel. She wanted to see my new house. I drove over there yesterday to take pictures to find that my father’s best friend, Charlie, had put in new locks and my old key doesn’t work anymore. I called him and he is going to get me a duplicate key made so I can take pictures inside. Here is the front of my new house which is paid for lock, stock, and barrel. Also, are two images of the little laundry room that was added to the back of the house to house my washer and drier.

I am kind of embarrassed by the outside looks of my house at the moment and was hesitant to post these. It certainly looks much better than when we started though a few years ago. I guess I shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth as this humble little abode was a gift from my father financed by an inheritance from my grandmother and the sale of the home I am currently living in. I will never have a mortgage and will always have a place to live. Hopefully, I will never be homeless again.


The front of my house.


The side of my new laundry room where steps will soon be built.


The back of my new laundry room. I also love the new window installed in my bathroom you can see to the right of the laundry room. That was Charlie's idea.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

I like your house. Doesn't seem to be too big, or too small, and it certainly looks much prettier than mine does! So glad for you Andrew. :)

M said...

I think you are going to be happy with the window in the bathroom! All that moisture can build up over the years if you don't have good ventilation.

Annabel said...

Am loving it! Can't wait to see the inside. It looks perfect for you. And don't worry about the way it looks... looks good to me! You should see my house right now! It definitely needs a new coat of paint and the yard is horrible!

fiwa said...

I think it's a very nice house. It's got a very welcoming front entrance - I like the awning over the front door and the wrought iron railing.

I can't wait to see pictures of the inside.

Summer said...

The house is great. I love the windows in the laundry room. Maybe I'd like doing laundry better if I had some windows. NOT! I can't wait to see the inside.

Sue said...

I really like it. It's very charming. I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.

Sue

RICH said...

Lucky you!! It's nice not to have that worry of a mortgage. Good luck and God Bless!

Cheryl said...

I love seeing your pictures. Post as many as you can. It looks like your house has lots of windows and a big screened room. I think it looks great.

Leann said...

It's a beautiful little house Andrew. I like the screened in porch. Keeps the bugs out!!

It will be a good project for you.

Can't wait to see the inside!

Anonymous said...

IT looks like HOME, Andrew. The screened room is??? Love the windows in the laundry room.

Your camera takes great pic's, It is making me regret spending the money on the Rebel. Also, lenes for your camera, much cheaper, Santa bought me a zoom for the Rebel, I think he paid over $300.00.

Jo Ann

austere said...

Wow. I liked it.The garden will get done in time, the change of season and all that. Will you be adding vines and creepers over the windows?

Why is the laundry room on stilts and the main building on a stone foundation?A lot of US homes seem to be on stilts but I can't figure out why.