Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Hiroshima Atomic Bomb CGI Re-enactment

The bomb, little boy, that started the cold war and begun the end of World War II. I was mortally afraid of nuclear weapons during the height of the cold war during my youth. I would often think the contrails of jets flying over the skies of my home were those of Soviet ICBMs striking targets in the US and would run inside crying to my mother.

This brings back memories of the movie Wargames with Mathew Broderick that indelibly left an image of nuclear havoc breaking out during my youth at the start of the computer age in 1983 when the term modem was still seemingly science fiction.

3 comments:

abbagirl74 said...

This was almost unbearable to watch. The part that made me cringe the most was when that old man started cussing about the mission, as if he didn't care. ugh.

Andrew said...

I know. I felt the same way abbagirl. It made me cringe.

SimplyTim said...

I'm reminded of Marlon Brando's character in the movie "Apocalypse Now." "...The horror, the horror."

As a teenage boy I remember reading John Hersey's book: Hiroshima Diary. It's bigger in my mind now than it was then.

Be well now, make good choices, build good relationships.