Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Charlie to the Rescue…

Charlie came by tonight to see me once again. He was bearing the gift of this week’s medications and a six pack of sprite. I don’t know why he always brings me soda, but he does. I had run out of my risperdal and it was an emergency delivery. No wonder I felt like crap all day.

“Now you take this damned medicine like you should,” He told me good heartedly. “We are going to one day get you well.”

“Sorry about not locking the doors last night.”

“Now dammit!” He said. “We live in a crazy world and people will kill you without a second thought for your material possessions.”

The last time a murder was committed in this small town it was by a mauling pit-bull years ago. I don’t understand Charlie’s scariness. There haven’t been any recent crime waves here in decades.

“I got Jimmy James to install Maggie’s dog door today,” Charlie then told me. “You are going to have to teach her to use it.”

“She will,” I say to assure Charlie. “She’s as smart as a button.”

“Well, I don’t want that damn dog to be shitting all over your new house. I’ve put a lot of damn work into it as well.”

I laughed. Charlie gave me a hug and then drove on home. I walked inside with a big smile on my face. Charlie is so high strung.

post signature

5 comments:

Blush said...

hello
things have changed last time i visited. we have many of the same problems, and i appreciate your honesty--thank you. i feel your pain with the risperdal. ive been there done that, going there tonight with my last dose of seroquel and im on the call list for my doctor. not looking forward to tomorrow night...
sleep tight.
love,
blush

Cheryl said...

Charlie's reactions were strong. I think he's just worried about you. That would be my guess. I hope you're feeling better right now.

BeeLee said...

Andrew, you're doing just fine... but you/we can tell from your posts that things are out of synch. Medications off schedule or not, you have been under stress (the dinner with Carolyn, the before, the long drive, the after). Perhaps this made the medication schedule go awry too, eh? Just breathe, take your meds, and keep on posting, which is just as important as your medication therapy right now. Don't forget your AA support either. Maggie will figure out her door just fine - my little pup figured out how to ring the bells I had placed on the door to let me know when he needs to go out. Those buggers are a lot smarter than most people give them credit for. take care.....

austere said...

Charlie is a gem. Am still puzzled why windows in your country have no grills. Shocking.

latibug said...

Sounds like you have a lot of good people who care about you. I imagine it is awfully hard to live with the things you do....I commend you for being so open and honest about life....

Thank you!

Lisa