Friday, April 30, 2004

The appointment guy says good morning…….

The appointments never end but I guess that is what it takes for me to get better. I have an MRI on my left shoulder today. Physical therapy is just not progressing and my shoulder hurts all the time. Dr. Martin thinks I may have soft tissue damage and a torn rotator cuff. This does not bode well and surgery is most likely. I am scared of this as I have never had surgery before. I am afraid of the pain and the recovery but I have to do it in order to regain full use of my left arm.

I also have to have blood work done and Dr. Kamath wants this in order to determine certain things. He thinks I may need to go on glucophage to regulate my blood sugar. He thinks that my medicines for my schizophrenia might be causing this and my recent weight gain despite dieting so hard. I cannot eat until after the test and I am starving. I want a rock Hampton rib eye, potato, and a salad with lots of blue cheese dressing after the procedure. (Pipe dream, a turkey sandwich is a more likely meal, a steak would be the luxury of luxuries for me but I love them)

I am on lots of pain medications and they make me sick at my stomach. I believe it is called lortab and it makes me so nauseous and they also affect my mental illness. The first hour after taking a pill can cause me to see some “ghosting”. I have always had a bad reaction to pain killers and do not like to take them but the pain of my shoulder overrides this. If I ever have a funky post lately you can say to yourself, “yeap, good ole Jonathon has just taken his pain meds and is feeling good and bad at the same time.”

Well, I need to hit the shower and put on some clothes and get ready. I have a long, boring morning ahead of me and I do not envy myself of this. Good morning again and good bye.

No comments: