Saturday, April 24, 2004

Well, I’ll be a son of a bitch!!!!!!

My little trip is off. I do not have a ride. My ex-wife, who was to be my courier called and said she has to work today. They had someone call in. I told her it was on the way but she said she couldn’t afford to take the extra 20 minutes to drop me off in bum fuck Egypt. She had to get in right away as there was no one working in the children’s library and she had to man the desk.

I thought to myself that I worked for three fucking hours last night to help her with her presentation Monday of her thesis and you can’t take twenty minutes to drop me off just a few miles from the direction you will be going? I understand thought and the more hours she gets the less likely she will come to me to help with bills. It is just frustrating.

I did have a light bulb go off. I walked over to my parent’s house and let myself in. I walked to my mom’s bedroom (she sleeps 24/7 when she doesn’t have an appointment for her or me). The conversation went as follows……..

“Hey mom, can you give me a ride?” I asked.

“mmmgffpphghfff” she replied.

“Mom? You with us?” I asked again.

“mmmmphhhhhpfffp” she mumbled again.

I don’t know what the hell she was saying but I knew then and there I didn’t want her to drive me to Cusseta. She must have got a little over indulgent with her zanax. She was down for the count and I was out of a ride. I will be so glad when I can drive again and I get my tracker fixed and running. I am going to drive from Alabama to California and back laughing maniacally at my new found freedom!

You know what I am going to do? I am going to pitch my tent in the back yard, roll out my sleeping bag, put on the radio and headset, and drink my pint of southern comfort. I am going to take a long nap in inebriated bliss. Touché!!! World!!!

No comments: