Thursday, September 16, 2004

After the storm…….

The wind has blown like crazy today and they are still blowing something fierce. My yard looks like ground zero. A huge limb from the pecan tree broke off and narrowly missed the house. It is much too big for me to move by hand. I am going to have to get someone with a chainsaw. The grounds are littered with what is left of the leaves from an over hundred year old oak tree by my driveway.

We were without power for most of the day. It just came back on and I blew I sigh of relief. I heard my cable modem connect and jumped for joy. I forget how much I rely on the internet for reading material and entertainment. Sitting today, I realized how little I use my computer for other than surfing and browsing the net. Video Games hardly do it for me anymore but I did beat Ice Wind Dale: Heart of Winter out of my boredom today. The final battle with the Ice Dragon was truly epic. My level 20 Ranger fought valiantly.

I decided to check on my truck and walked outside. I walked around to the back to check my windows. All my rear windows are plastic and my top is a convertible soft top.

“Goddamn, son of a bitch!” I hollered to myself.

I grew sick at my stomach. I had left my rear window unzipped and we got over 6 inches of rain. I opened the driver’s door and there was a puddle of water in my floor boards. Oh well, you live and you learn, I thought.

No comments: