Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Season Tickets…..

I got a call tonight that made me almost shit in my pants. It was my father.

“Do you want to go to the game this Saturday with me?” He asked.

My father buys two season tickets to Auburn football games and he is very selective as to he asks to go with him. He reserves that extra ticket for his buddies.

“Dad, I would love to go. Are you serious?” I asked.

“Come over to the house and we will leave around noon. We will grab some lunch at the Red Lobster in Auburn.” He said.

I was dumbfounded. College football is some serious shit in my family. My brother lives and dies by what our team does. He lives in San Diego and still manages to catch the games on the east coast. My father will actually cry if Auburn loses.

“Dad, I will be over at lunch for sure.” I said.

This is kind of like the holy grail of father and son bonding. He actually asked me to go to the game with him. We play LSU on Saturday and it will be one hell of a good game. I suspect that we will lose. LSU is ranked number three in the nation and we are ranked eighteen. I am glad I will have the chance to watch it in person. I will be the first person to stand up and scream support if we get a touchdown.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!

No comments: