Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Damn Good Times

Rosa and me spent a lot of our time yesterday loitering down at Fat Albert's convenience store until the big storms rolled in. I was excited all day about the weather and was driving Rosa crazy talking about it.

"You know how to tell the weather forecast?" Rosa said.

"How?" I asked, playing along.

"Get your ass outside and look up at the sky!" Rosa exclaimed and we both burst out laughing.

Rosa had bought several of the scratch-off lottery tickets and won $10 on one. She bought us a round of drinks and snacks with her new found largesse. My diet went to hell.

"I've never won a dollar on the lottery," I told her, munching on my nacho cheese Doritos.

"Not anything?"

"Not a dime. That's why I don't play."

Rosa walked back inside and bought one more ticket and then handed it to me to try my luck. Zilch, nada, nothing. I didn't win a thing.

"See?" I told her. "I have terrible gambling luck."

Thunder rumbled on the horizon so I and Rosa walked up the street back to my house. Soon, the skies opened up and it rained like I haven't seen it rain in what seemed like years. I glued myself to this computer watching the radar as Rosa watched television keeping her fingers crossed that the power wouldn't go off. I then fixed Rosa and me a lunch of tuna salad sandwiches and chips and carried her home once the rain slacked off.

I also had my shot for my schizophrenia yesterday morning. My doctor gave me a month's worth of samples of Topomax, an anti-seizure drug. He said that recent studies have shown that it helps with alcohol cravings. I got online and found a plethora of side effects with the most alarming one being extreme drowsiness. Just what I need – another drug to take. I am debating on whether to try it or not.

Well, that sums up my day yesterday. Pretty boring stuff, huh?

11 comments:

Jenn said...

Boring is good. It means nothing bad happened. I always consider that a success!

justLacey said...

The pharmacist suggested Topomax for my migraines and once I read the side effects I said no thanks also.

Pen and the Sword said...

I agree with Jenn... I sure could go for some boring these days!

Melanie said...

is there any way you could take that one right before bedtime, to help with sleeping at night and hopefully be somewhat worn off by morning?

just wondering. my husband gets a terrible stomach ache from his meds, but he has started taking them 45 minutes before bedtime, so that he can sleep through the worst of it...most of the time.

CRUSTYBEEF said...

"and I carried her home once the rain slacked off.."

Amazing words..absolutely amazing!!
spoken with such passion, you never cease to amaze me Mr.4th with your way of words.

Be back later for more reading!!
Always,
crusty~

Quality Tale said...

Dear...

I would like to know that How u present (design) ur blog??? Give some tips to help me my blog in presentable form...Nice article...and posts toooooooo!!!

Regards

Aniruddha (qualitytale)

House said...

"I've never won a dollar on the lottery."
"Not a dime. That's why I don't play."


A friend of mine says: the lottery is a tax on idiots.

Great blog, Andrew.
Peace!
Tom

Annie-n-Progression said...

I agree with "justlacey" ,my daughters Dr. wanted to put her on it, too. To help her lose weight, after reading all the side effects, she didn't feel it was worth it.

Congratualations! with your blog interview! You have a wonderful blog.

Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm said...

I like your writing, and think you should keep it up.

Annabel said...

It's never boring to me. I love to read about whatever you do and whomever you interact with. Just keep writing about it.

Tanning Lotion said...

Congratulations on your sobriety. I myself have been sober now for a little over 15 years. That seems like a lifetime ago, but yet only one drink away. Congrats and keep up the good work.