Wednesday, June 06, 2007

No More Nuts and Twigs

Rosa was telling me at lunchtime how she misses our going to eat breakfast and lunch together. I had to agree. I get tired of being hungry all the time. I feel as if I am living off of nuts and twigs when I am a meat and potatoes kind of guy.

"You look sexier every day," Rosa did tell me of my weight loss.

I laughed.

"I am going to be a bag of skin and bones if I keep this up," I replied.

"If you could have anything to eat right now, what would it be?" Rosa asked.

I thought for a moment as a myriad of choices went through my mind.

"The Rockhampton Ribeye down at Outback," I replied. "I love that sour cream and horseradish sauce they give you with your steak."

"I'd have a pint of Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia," Rosa said. "That stuff is so expensive, though."

"You can eat anything and not gain weight," I told Rosa.

"It all goes to my boobs," Rosa said as she pushed up her breasts and wiggled them from side to side.

I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear. Nothing Rosa can do can shock me these days. I've been around her too much.

9 comments:

benjibopper said...

I like your writing style - simple and touching, it really captures a moment, seems very honest and sincere.

Portia said...

I love reading your blog, but my favorite posts have been about your blossoming friendship with Rosa.

Scandalicious Lily said...

sweet home alabama ....

hello from belgium!!!

Josie Two Shoes said...

Cherry Garcia is my favorite too... I like Rosa more everyday! The friendship you two share is heartwarming! So are you goin' out for that steak? :-)

wheatgerm said...

good ice cream

Barb said...

Does Rosa know that she has her very own cheering section? I adore reading about you and your wonderful friendship with her.

~~kiss her damnit~~

:-)
Barb

CRUSTYBEEF said...

GO ROSA GO! SHe's always there for you when you need it.
I am still waiting for those straw stick recipes...yum...please oh please??
Always,
Crusty~

2 LMZ FARMS said...

Wish I could be like Rosa. Everything I eat goes to my ass not my boobs. A wonderful doctor in AL helped me to have some of those.(too much info, i'm thinking)
Glad to see you have found a friend like Rosa.
Have a good one.
Laura

Cheryl said...

You make us jealous that you get to hang out with your favorite friend all the time.