Sunday, October 14, 2007

For the Birds...

Still having computer problems.  My computer will just abruptly restart on a whim.  It is so aggravating and I don't know how many posts were started for this blog and lost.  I consider myself computer savvy and I am stumped.

I spent most of the morning down at the shopping center talking to Big S and Clara.  I had a minor slip up on the drinking front.

"One beer won't kill you," Clara told me persuasively.

"I guess one won't hurt," I replied as I drank a quart of Colt 45.

I felt like I had committed the carnal sin.  I had given in to the monster that can be my alcoholism.  It felt so wonderful though.  I needed a release and that beer brought upon me a mellow calm.

"How are you holding out?" I then asked Clara.

"I came close to calling my father last night," she said. "This homelessness is for the birds."

I wish I could offer Clara a home, but that would go over like a lead balloon with Rosa.  She already thinks we have something going on.

Did I tell you how gorgeous today is?  The sky is a beautiful blue with nary a cloud.  The temperature is just perfect -- cool and not too hot.  It almost makes me wish I were a squirrel and could enjoy this day forever. 

There is a fiasco with the camera.  There is a worldwide recall on the camera model I ordered.  My camera is currently on backorder and hopefully will be shipped soon.  Nothing was more disappointing than getting that email that my camera would not be here on time. 

12 comments:

Josie Two Shoes said...

Glad to see you showing up here! I worry when you're quiet. A morning with out Andrew to read is just plain no fun! :-) I hear you on the computer woes, nothing makes me crazier than losing a post or email in the middle of writing - it's nearly impossible to get the thoughts back again with the same feeling. Will you still get to order another one soon? I hope so!

Yup, two women in the house is asking for a free ticket to crazy, Andrew - Lord, even one woman can do that to a man! hehehe You have such a big heart, and I know that you would gladly take in all your homeless friends if you could. I love you for caring!

I understand how hard it is to avoid drinking when it does indeed, at least temporarily, make you feel better. Today is another day, start again. That's what we do... one day at a time. Take good care of yourself, you're a very special person and and you deserve it!

BigDummy said...

Regarding your pc. . . Did you check your CPU fan? Sounds like an overheating problem (maybe).

Beautifully Profound said...

My fiance had the same problem, it just kept restarting, and he fixed it be re-installing windows. Or did a windows repair, personally I have no idea how to fix computers, turning them on and off is about it for me. Good luck with that Andrew and good luck with your Camera too.

CRUSTYBEEF said...

hmm, well, being half full, I'd say the good thing was at least your computer didn't go kapute on you while you were attempting to read the email regarding the camera..that'd have sucked. :)
I'm glad you're having beautiful weather..up here, I'm chilly.
Always,
Crusty~

Cheryl said...

Thank goodness we have tomorrow, right?

A bum computer and no camera. Boo hoo. I thought of you as I was taking my pictures today. There's nothing worse than waiting, and waiting, and waiting. So not fair.

Enjoy your night. The weather should be perfect tomorrow too.

Anonymous Boxer said...

Is there another kind of camera that you like as well? Can you cancel the current one and ordered a new one? If not, I'm sorry for the delay.

WhistlinGypsy said...

perhaps a trojan. run a virus check, then do the restore to an earlier date. since you switched back to an older computer, it probably hasn't updated against the newest net-evil out there...

just a thought. luck!

Tee said...

Today is a new start, embrace it. As for the camera, can you cancel that order and choose another one? Thing twice before asking another woman into you home. :-) That could be a disaster looking for a place to happen for all of you. Listen to Josie. I'm clueless on your computer problems. I do well to turn my on and off.

C. R. Morris said...

My computer did this to me! I finally opened the case and blew the LAYERS of dust off of the fans. It hasn't restarted since. Worth a try?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your relapse, hope you get a chance to share about it with a sponsor or other program member...

Anonymous said...

Naughty Clara!

LORD MANILA STONE said...

i know how much excited you are about your camera, sorry to hear there is a fiasco with it, hope it gets shipped soon^^by the way colt 45 sounds familiar to me, (LOL)