Monday, January 19, 2009

Dashed Hopes...

I ran outside my house this morning at 5:00 AM.   The radar on the Internet was showing echoes of snow.  I was disappointed.  Nothing was falling from the sky except my dashed hopes.  Maggie got hyper with me being up so early as I came inside and fixed us some scrambled eggs and toast. 

I keep thinking of this one woman at B.I.T. who would show me her breasts.  She was clearly more off her rocker than I.  I would try not to look, but she would be there grinning like a Cheshire cat as she held her shirt up.  "Put on a bra," I would say to myself.  Just another one of those normal boundaries that get muddled with someone with a mental illness.  She clearly was a legend in her own mind.     

The only thing to do in B.I.T was to watch copious amounts of TV.  I rarely watch TV so I found myself people watching, or I should say consumer watching as the nurses would say.  We had a motley crew with me being the only guy in there.  I had my own room which was nice that I could close the door and sleep.  It was damn cold in there though.  My feet are still getting warm as you couldn't wear shoes so people wouldn't be trying to hang themselves with shoe strings. 

12 comments:

kristi said...

I am glad you are home and safe!

Kathy said...

I think we got your snow. Just a dusting, but still pretty!

Jenn said...

Good food and a show! ;)

CJM-R said...

We are already very tired of snow up here.

Summer said...

We got a dusting today and it was so pretty watching it fall. I hope you get to see it soon too.

Tee said...

They are talking snow across parts of Georgia, but I don't think it's coming this far south. :-(

So glad you are home with your little fur baby. I know she missed you. Hope you can get your meds stable to help your quality of life.

(M)ary said...

do you want some of our snow??! i will send it down your way. what would maggie do!? it would feel odd on her paws to walk around in snow.

Berryvox said...

I only have experience with 2 short visits to psych wards. But, there always seem to be one over-sexual one and one violent, angry one in those places. I can understand both reactions though so I hesitate to judge them.

Patti said...

We have lots of snow here in Ontario ... you are welcome to take some!

Leann said...

It's so good to see you back Andrew. I missed you!

Syd said...

I was hoping for some snow also. Glad that you are out of B.I.T. and at home in comfort.

The Hyperlexian Aspie said...

this line you wrote was so poetic:

"Nothing was falling from the sky except my dashed hopes."

it made me sigh... we're sad because the snow is melting...