Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Cornucopia Car...


I was never so glad to see mom when she arrived this morning with my groceries. I wasn't expecting her thinking Kroger would be closed New Year's Day.

"Happy New Year's!" I exclaimed as I kissed her on the cheek and gave her a hug.

I put away my groceries this morning and me and mom talked awhile.

"Your father is a control freak," she told me.

"Tell me about it!" I replied with a sigh.

Mom soon left and I immediately put some lasagna in the oven. Mom bought me a bounty's worth of groceries today. I needed them.

Maggie did good with the fireworks in the neighborhood last night. She didn't even get scared. She is currently laid out on the bed sleeping.

I have six dollars to my name today and it has been tempting to go get a six pack of ice beer and celebrate. I've thought about all day and the only thing that is stopping me is I feel I will panic if I drove. Lord help me today!

9 comments:

Tee said...

Andrew, stay strong. Is there an AA meeting today? Find one.

becomingkate said...

Celebrate with a walk to a coffee shop, read a good book, blog. I admire you for all your hard work. Happy New Year!

Jami said...

I know how you feel today, Andrew. Days like you've described are those I spend under the covers in an effort to just "ride out" the feelings without doing anything destructive.

Sometimes, the best you can do is just hang on!

Summer said...

Happy New Year Butter Bean! You did good today.

(M)ary said...

We had some explosive fireworks around here too. Since when did new years eve become like 4th of july with everyone and their brother setting off backyard fireworks?

i was more upset by the noise than my dog (well, my boy cat leif was the most frightened but then he always is.)

No drinking!! (says the woman who is having a glass of wine while reading blogs.)

Happy New Year.

justLacey said...

Kate gave a good alternative and idea. Find something non destructive that is enjoyable. If you do it enough, you won't want to buy beer. Drinking? Not a good way to start a new year.

Cheryl said...

I had to check your sobriety counter as soon as I read this. Celebrating and drinking should not be associated! You've come too far let it go. I want the best for you, you know that!

kristi said...

Hope you made it through okay. Thinking of you and your loss. Hugs to you and your Mom. :)

Jami said...

Just curious ... are there online 12-step groups or other such support groups?