Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Crazy Kooks of AA...

George gave me a long lecture today about how people who go to AA are crazy, religious kooks.  I just smiled and shook my head in disagreement.  George is the poster child for needing AA. 

Had something happen on the way back home from Fat Albert's.  An extremely disconcerting bout of vertigo while driving.  I was never so glad to be home.

Not doing anything for New Year's.  Just a quiet evening at home as Maggie cowers from all the loud fireworks.  Glad to be sober today and to have somewhat good mental health. 

8 comments:

Ghost Writer said...

Happy New Year Andrew. Thanks for letting me be a vouyer in your life.

Jules

http://jules11.squarespace.com/blog/

Annabel said...

There's nothing wrong with a nice, quiet New Year's. Mine won't be anything exciting either. I'm spending it with a friend that I've spent New Year's with for the past 20 years or so. Going to dinner and then watching some movies.

Lisa said...

Hi Andrew,

You're in good company spending a quite New Year's Eve. I'm doing the same thing.

Best Wishes to you in the New Year!

CJM-R said...

Happy New Year, Andrew.

Quiet evening at home here, as well.

Eric Valentine said...

A Happy New Year to you Andrew, I wish you all the best for 2009. :)

Eric said...

Happy New Year, Andrew and thanks for bringing something encouraging into my life.

Gulf Coast said...

Happy New Year, Andrew. You are an inspiration!

Tee said...

Our New Year's Eve was very quiet, we stayed home and watched the Peach Drop in Atlanta and the Big Ball drop in the Big Apple. We were here safe off the road.

You are doing soooo well, 408 days of being sober, a nice warm home, a fur baby that loves you and family that loves and takes care of you. You are a blessed man, Andrew. Happy New Year!