Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

"We've got to get you a tree!" Dad exclaimed when I walked through the kitchen door this evening.

"I know," I replied. "I am really late this year."

Mom and dad were doing their Christmas cards for this year. There was a big stack to mail out. I sat down and took all this in. I love this time of year. The decorations. The lights. The ornamental trees in everyone's windows.

"Your father stood in line till midnight to get your present last night," my mother told me.

I looked at dad with a grin to ask, "Really?"

"Yeah," he said excited. "You're going to be so surprised."

My parents aren't known for "cool" presents. I can only begin to imagine what was so enticing that people stood in a line until midnight to buy. I'm gonna have dreams of Ipods and Iphones tonight while I go to sleep. It sure will be better than that prison camp I dreamed about last night.

Merry Christmas

5 comments:

justLacey said...

Well certainly sounds exciting. I can't wait to see your tree and I am glad you are excited this year about Christmas. It makes me happy to see it. Thanks for letting us in to share your life.

Syd said...

I hope that you get a cool gift. The Iphone is great.

Portia said...

Merry Christmas to you too! I look forward to seeing the tree:)

justLacey said...

Who would you call with an iphone? How about an itouch?

SharoninWonderland said...

I often dream of prison camps as well.

Now, the itouch, iphone, etc, were HUGE specials given on midnight...I HOPE YOU GOT ONE!!

I am purchasing my own iphone as a present for myself this year, hehe.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Andrew!

CHEERS!