Monday, December 15, 2008

Gratitude...

Gratitude... I've got it.  I worry about being all pollyannaish on this blog.  I have so much gratitude lately, though.  Just a moment ago, I was laying in bed resting with Maggie and I felt giddy.  I keep saying, "If you were homeless then you couldn't have this."  Maggie.  My warm bed. My TV.  Internet on demand.  Warm and dry clothes.  Central heating and air.  I really owe my father so much.

Earlier in the day, I went over for my two Cokes.  Dad surprised me by being there and not at work.

"Help me with some lights outside," he told me.

We got out and finished stringing the rest of his Christmas lights on his front hedge.  I love these times with my father.  He sure had a dry humor about him today. I laughed and laughed and we had a good time. 

11 comments:

justLacey said...

I know your dad enjoys these times as well. Probably more than you will ever know.

Mo said...

I am glad you have this time with your family.

Keep on being grateful. It is often the simple things taken for granted.

I am happy you and internal peace and making friends these days.

(M)ary said...

Wow. This is the second blog today where someone has spoken about gratitude. Tis the season!

happyone said...

I think its great that you are able to find happiness in the simple things because that's what life is mostly about, the simple things.
It's nice that you're making happy memories with your dad. :-)

Kathy said...

You don't come across as being a 'Pollyanna'. There's a real beauty and joy about realizing how good you've got it. I bet your dad loved your company as much as you loved his.

skinny minny said...

nothing wrong with pollyanna anyway. Playing the "glad game" can do a lot for one and being grateful for the simple things makes life much more fun and enjoyable. I think most people have problems seeing the good in their lives cuz they wanna see BIG things and most good comes in small packages...a moment with family, a snow flake or two, a pet, a smile from a friend, a piece of chocolate, the bloom on a tree, the list goes on but the things is most dont see them. Great that you do and that you appreciate them. We all should!

Leann said...

I'm sure your father enjoys them as well. They will be something you can keep in your heart always.

Jessica said...

What a wonderful post! I'm so glad you're doing well! :D

Brad said...

I think it's great you and your Dad are enjoying each others company. Hopefully he'll be ready to relax more about things.

kristi said...

I am glad you and your Dad are spending time together. You are making memories!

chromo said...

Hey Andrew! I just discovered your blog, I was homeless for 4 years and Im also in Alabama, I have been 'homefull' and 'jobfull' for over 7 years now! I do have a bit of insomnia and some nights when I cant sleep I pretend Im still homeless and sleeping on someones couch...I try to take myself back to that "so tired my eyes are closing of their own volition" place and Im off to sleepy town in no time flat!