Friday, December 12, 2008

Bathroom Break!

I was getting a big laugh out of Maggie this morning.  It was cold and she so wanted to go outside.  She would stick her head out the dog door and then have second thoughts.  She turned to look at me like, "But I gotta pee!!!"  I was in the kitchen baking blueberry muffins for breakfast.

I swung by Fat Albert's for a cup of coffee again early this morning.  Mom's three dollars she gives me everyday is proving to be a blessing both mentally and physically.  

"Ride with me out to the lake when I get off," George said.

I knew any ride with George would involve drinking and driving. 

"Maybe some other time," I replied, drinking my coffee.

The alcoholic in me really wanted to go.   I wanted to get rip roaring drunk off of that cheap malt liquor George drinks.  Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed.   

5 comments:

impromptublogger said...

Andrew you are doing GREAT!!! Especially with it being the holidays which I know are rough on you and many others. It is nice to see you coming out of your shell some but also knowing when you need to pull back for a little bit too.

Did you realize what you wrote below - about needing minimal effort to be an upbeat fellow? A year ago that would not have been "minimal" - that would have taken extreme effort!

You have a long way in a very short time. :-)

jrlmx2 said...

WAY2GO, ANDREW!!!! :-) :-) :-)
You HAVE come a VERY long way!

jrlmx2 said...

BYW, loved your comment about "doggie Tourette's" ... I think my dog has that, too!

Kathy said...

Your decision shows strength and determination.
And Maggie? Did she ever go out? Poor pooch! In colder weather, we had to carry out Buster, our cocker. He refused to go out if the temp was below 40!
BTW, I'm a friend of Cheryl's who mentioned I should check out your blog, so here I am! I'm relatively new to the blogging world, but am enjoying it very much. I'd be honored if you'd visit sometime.

Moonroot said...

Andrew, you are doing SO well. I hope you're as proud of yourself as we are.