Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Magic...

Were you one of those children who could never sleep on Christmas Eve?  I was and I remember my disappointment when I realized Santa wasn't real.  Santa's sleigh was a 1976 Ford Ranger Custom.  It was sitting in the front yard as Charlie and my father unloaded our gifts.  I walked out of my bedroom crying to find my mother standing in the hall in her pajamas.

"What's wrong honey?" My mom asked.

"Santa's not real.  There is no Santa. Dad and Charlie are Santa," I replied.

"Santa's sleigh broke down and your father and Charlie are helping him get his presents around town," I remember my mom saying.

I was placated somewhat, but still had suspicions. 

Now that I am grown, I realize Santa is alive and well in all our hearts.  The gift giving.  The wonderful food.  The decorations.  All things that prove to me that Santa is still working his magic.  I think this Christmas is going to be truly magical for me this year.  I can't wait to share it with you all on my blog.  Merry Christmas! 

3 comments:

Leann said...

I agree Andrew. I totally believe in Santa Clause. Perhaps not so much the person as what he represents to all of us.

I love the new masthead pic!!

Kathy said...

I agree with you, Andrew. Santa is indeed alive and well. I see him in the goodness of others, kindnesses done for no other reason except the joy of doing them. Blessings, Kathy

CRUSTYBEEF said...

so true!