Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Pay Packet...

Me and mom's little 3 dollar a day monetary arrangement has proved interesting for the holidays.  My father has been off of work for over a week.  If he were to find out my mother is giving me money, he would go bananas.  Mom has been making what I call little pay packets and she will drive by and stick it in my mailbox and blow her horn.  It never ceases to make me smile.  You know?  She could come inside and say hello, but she is a woman on a mission. 

I asked mom why she doesn't just give me money for a week and stop these daily visits. 

"I don't want you to get drunk," she replied. 

It's not like I can just save up the money and buy a twelve pack of beer.  That's my family, though.  There is nothing uncomplicated about my mother. 

5 comments:

Leann said...

Oh that is so funny...I hope they come to trust you soon.

justLacey said...

There is nothing uncomplicated about anyone's family. I think it's cute.

Blue Gardenia said...

Your mother knows what it is like to be kowtowing to your hypocritical father and she wants you to be able to live decently without starvation. Perhaps you'll even get your own Social Security Disability money, that is your's, not his, if you let him know that you know that he is a flaming queer.

ac said...

I like the stories about you and your Mom. They are amusing and sweet. :)

Jami said...

Your family is amazing, warts and all! Go with the blessings, deal with the rest. You are doing great, and it's been fun catching up on your blog this week. I'm sorry your uncle decided to be a turd, too.

By the way, the pics you took at Christmas ... LOVE your parents' house. Beautiful!