Thursday, December 04, 2008

Bad Omen...

This morning started with my 5 AM Fat Albert's cup of .99 cent coffee. 

"Where's George?" I asked the other George working there.

"He called in sick," the other George said looking surly.

I know this George's daughter.  Her name is Heidi and she works for Disney.  We went to high school together and she worked for my father for years. 

The rumor is that this George is crazy.  Always bouncing from one job to another.  Kinda like me.  I noticed today he was still wearing his wedding band and he has been divorced for dozens of years. 

"Your John's son," The other George then said getting a clue. "I thought you looked familiar."

"Yeah," I said. "John is my pop."

I drank my cup of strong coffee standing in the overly warm convenience store.  My George usually gives me free refills, but I was required to pay .25 cents today.  That was too rich for my blood so I left. 

2 comments:

Portia said...

I hope today was a much better day! Enjoy that restocked fridge:)

bad-dog said...

I found you again!
My laptop got stolen in Costa Rica along with everything else I had last November, but I'm back!
Glad to see you hanging in there. Nice new look, too, to your blog. Your comment on foodie blogs made me smile -- know what you mean!