Friday, January 30, 2009

Snow Fever...

"Tell him it is going to snow!" Helen jeered and handed the phone to her husband.

This sent me on social anxiety overdrive.  I had never talked to Helen's husband on the phone.

"She just doesn't want to work Monday," he said chuckling.

"They've changed the forecast again," I told Helen when she got back on. "There calling for snow flurries but no accumulating snow."

"Shit!" Helen exclaimed.

I had never heard her cuss before.  I laughed and laughed and was enjoying her cavalier attitude. 

"Keep your hopes up," I said before I said good bye.

It is good to know another soul in the South carries my enthusiasm for the white stuff.

7 comments:

I'm The Momma, That's Why! said...

I love snow, too! Being in Florida has that as a major drawback! I made my husband take me to Cherokee a few year ago just so I could spend some time in the snow! He, of course, HATES the cold and the snow!

You sound like you're in good spirits . . . I'll try to contact the snow fairies and see if we can't get at least a few inches for ya!

Love the pic of your best friend! Looks like a good snuggle buddy!

I'll be watchin' Forensic Files with ya!

Grannie in Florida

Kevin said...

hmm you guys can have all the snow ya want. i'm tired of driving in the snow at the moment.

forsythia said...

We got an inch of snow plus freezing rain on Tuesday and Wednesday and the President called us wimps because everything shut down. Then it began to melt and refreeze and melt and refreeze. Such fun.

Kathy said...

Thank you, Andrew, for your kind comments. I like blogging because it affords me connections to good people like you!
Anytime you feel like stacking wood, you're welcome to do it here!! :) Actually the man who delivers it stacks it as well. Is that a deal or what? His father, who has retired, delivered our wood for years. When he stacked it, it looked like a work of art! I should have taken photos. Blessings, Kathy

Leann said...

I love the snow. Love Oregon because I only have to drive a wee bit and I can find it.

impromptublogger said...

We're snow-deprived this year and we're much further north! I am hoping that we'll get at least one decent snowstorm by the end of February or that'll be it for us until next year!

jack said...

This was a very interesting article thanks.

Narconon of Northern California Alcohol Treatment Center