Tuesday, January 06, 2009

FUBAR...

"Oh, I am going to be sick!" I exclaimed as I motioned for Tim to pull the company van off the road and onto the shoulder.

"You're not pregnant, are you?" Tim jokingly quipped while I was barfing my guts out in the grass.

I climbed back in the van feeling so much better.

"You got a stomach bug?" Tim warily asked.

"It's my nerves," I replied.

We finally pulled into my Doctor's parking lot.  I was due for an injection in the ole derrière.  My sanity potion as I call it.  The nurse had a hard time putting it together and almost screwed it up.

"Dear God, please don't let her screw this up," I prayed with my heart pounding furiously in my chest.  I was nervously rocking back and forth in my chair. 

Finally, I got my injection and left the building.  Tim was sitting in the van listening to Country music.  Tim drove me on home and I am waiting for the drowsiness my injection causes an hour after I take it. It is so good to be home.

7 comments:

Moonroot said...

Hope you're feeling better.

I'm The Momma, That's Why! said...

Great Job! Ya made it through just one more ordeal!

I had blood drawn today for the doctor to check for whatever. The poor guy doing it tried over and over - SIXTH time he finally got it right! I think he was using a pickax. Poor, poor me! I'm on Zoloft - and doubled up today I was such a wreck!

Hope you're feeling better, I know that I am.

On a much happier note - I just love the picture at the top of your page! That's the most beautiful scene.

Congrats to you on your continued success!

Grannie in Florida

Kevin said...

sucks man. i hope you have a better day tomorrow.

SOUL: said...

same here--- hoping it's better for ya.
take-er-ez brotha

Leann said...

Bless your heart. I hope you feel better after the magic elixer :-)

forsythia said...

Maybe it wasn't your nerves. Could have been a mean ol' virus.

Summer said...

FUBAR?