Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lazy Sundays, How I Love You...

Breakfast was the Waffle House.  Ham and cheese omelet with a side order of bacon and an extra order of toast.  The most fun part of eating at Waffle House is the people watching you get to do.  That place always has some characters hanging about.  It reminds me of the truck stops when I was long haul truck driver.   I ate and then buried my face in a newspaper.  A thoroughly lazy Sunday morning.  Rachel, my ex-wife, would have loved this morning's meal.

I came home to a message on my answering machine.  It was Rosa and her car.  She was sounding desperate.  She doesn't have the money for a garage to do it. 

"I'll be over this afternoon," I told her after calling her back. 

"Thank you!  I love you!" she replied excitedly. 

"Yeah, yeah," I said after hanging up the phone. 

So it seems my afternoon will be spent getting greasy and feeling cold.  So much for my lazy Sunday. 

11 comments:

Jay M. said...

Aww, that's rough. Hopefully everything will work out fine, and you'll just end up feeling good about helping a friend in need.

Just don't let her try to pay you back with a six-pack.

Diana said...

Very nice of you to come to the rescue. Good deeds never are the wrong thing to do.

CJM-R said...

You are a good guy! Hope it doesn't take too much of your day.

Tee said...

Good deeds never go unrewarded. You are a good man, helping a friend when in true need. You would have just sat there by yourself, it always does us good just to get out and do something different. :-)

Cheryl said...

That was nice of you to help Rosa. I hope she appreciated it. So you had a relaxing start and a cold and busy end. The opposite of my day.

Kathy said...

Hope you were able to fix it quickly and get in out of the cold. Nice of you to help Rosa.

Summer said...

It's so good of you to help her. You will be rewarded.

Jenn said...

You're a good person.

Moonroot said...

It's a shame you missed a lazy afternoon, but you're a good man!

Rich said...

You better watch your Cholesteral intake with all those ham and cheeze omletes with bacon.

Just someone else trying to tell you what to do. :)

Leann said...

Good deeds never go unrewarded Andrew! You are a blessing to her.

I love airports for people watching. Speculating as to where they are going and coming from.