Friday, January 23, 2009

Quiet Around Here...

Helen came today.   She couldn't stay long so just made some tuna salad.  Mom came over to eat a sandwich a moment ago which thrilled Maggie like crazy. 

Tonight is Charlie's birthday.  I am not able to go, but will go in spirit.  I certainly hope dad comes by with my medications this afternoon.

I still feel very weird to say the least.  I feel like I don't have control of my mind or my emotions.  I keep having slips out of reality.  My doctor told me to, "take a bath, dress, and go about your day."  That was about as therapeutic as telling a 3 year old that Santa was dead.  I do have an appointment with a therapist to work on the anxiety attack stuff.  And I am going to get a second opinion from another doctor.    Just gotta make an appointment.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Hang in there, Andrew.

justLacey said...

Well how about that, Charlie and I share a birthday. He must be a stand up guy.
I certainly hope you find a good dr. It can be life changing and I think you are due. Your life has come so far already and who knows what a little therapy could do? If nothing else, you get to go and share about yourself for an hour and somebody HAS to listen. It's awesome.

I'm The Momma, That's Why! said...

I have some idea of how bad this is for you, Andrew. Don't most of us have a wagon full of crap we drag around behind us! Hang in there sure doesn't sound like much to offer . . . but it's what you have to do. Stay STRONG!

If you're like me, you have a pretty good idea of where you want to be. It's just finding it on the map, getting the transportation and getting the nerve to take the first step that will slow the trip down!

That 2nd opinion is a GREAT idea. Heaven knows it can't hurt! Maybe this one will hold the key!

Follow through with it ASAP! Life is waiting!

Grannie in Florida!

Moonroot said...

Sorry to hear you're still feeling bad. I hope the therapist helps.