Thursday, January 29, 2009

Something to get Excited About...

There is a slight chance of snow Monday night.  I should know more when the evening weather models run tonight.  Forecasts will start to trickle in then.

Mom gave me $20 this morning.  "For God's sake don't buy beer," my mother sincerely said with a smile.  I am saving the money for a rainy day.  There is a Wii game I would like to buy.  Been enjoying Metriod Prime for the Gamecube today.  What a fantastic game to be from 2002.

Mom and dad have gone to a cousin's wedding in Birmingham today.  I just called mom's cellphone and she was elated that someone actually knew her number and would call. 

"We're 20 minutes from your sister's house," she said.

"Y'all be safe," I replied and got off the phone.

Maggie got meatloaf and mashed potatoes tonight.  She's a happy dog. 

Helen comes tomorrow and is cooking cubed steak, sticky rice, broccoli, and biscuits.  I could really use some of Helen's homemade biscuits right now.

On my diet front, I weigh 195 pounds.  It is the first time I've weighed below 200 pounds in decades.  I attribute this to the 2000 calories of beer and cokes I am not drinking daily.  It is so nice to be able to wear my Land's End flannel lined blue jeans again!

8 comments:

Lena said...

I hope you get the snow that you have been so waiting for!!

Maggie sure eats well.

ac said...

If you get snow blow some of it a little to the south so I can have some too. :) Congratulations on the weight loss. That's not easy to do. ac

Summer said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. I bet it feels really good to get into those jeans. I'm feeling a little jealous because you get one of Helen's great meals tomorrow. Ohhh those biscuits!

Kathy said...

You sound a lot better than you did this morning. I'm glad. Snow is really magical, isn't it?

Annabel said...

That's great Andrew! I'm glad you're doing so well these days even when you have those few mental setbacks. I'm probably coming to Birmingham this summer for Nationals. Are you up for a visit then?

Cheryl said...

We need to get you up north so you can see some real snow. Our big storm here was about an inch of snow with a half inch of ice on top.

I remember your pictures from last year's snow. I really hope you get it. We're expecting snow next week, coming from the south. When they say it's from the south it it usually happens.

justLacey said...

Sounds like all is well in Andrewville. I'm glad to read it.

Tee said...

I just hope the snow comes in after Monday night. You know, three flakes and everything will close down. LOL! We southerners just don't know how to drive in the stuff. Snow is okay, but ice is another situation. I'll venture out in the snow, but I stay put when we have ice! Great news about the weight loss. I love Lands' End clothes.