Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Ah, That Lasagna…

I had made homemade chicken salad for lunch. Tracy thought it was delicious.

“Kudos to the Chef!” she told me.

I garnished our plates with a dill pickle spear and some sour cream and onion potato chips. I was pleased with myself when I asked Tracy what she wanted for supper.

“Let’s have some of the Stouffer’s lasagna and some garlic and butter Texas toast,” she told me.

We are going to be 300lbs, but I said okay. I headed out to the grocery shore after Tracy left for her after lunch second shift at work. She called me while I was in Kroger.

“Cook it twice as long as it says on the package,” Tracy told me seemingly an old hat at this dish.

I got the family pack just to play it safe. I thought it would burn cooking so long, but Tracy was right. It tasted much better cooked doubly long. The sauce wasn’t runny and grew creamy and spicier. .

1 comment:

Summer said...

Is your dad over the moon with the new royal baby?