Wednesday, May 01, 2019

And the Laptop Ascended into the Light of Heaven and God Said in a Loud and Booming Voice, “This is good!”

Well, I copied over Tracy’s old drive to her new solid state drive. It took about an hour. I was just putting the finishing touches on Tracy’s laptop when she came home from work for lunch. I screwed back on the cover protecting the sodimms and turned the laptop back over.

“Here,” I said handing the laptop to Tracy. “Turn it on.”

I about couldn't suppress my elation any longer. Even a jaded computer guy like me was astounded at the difference.

“You didn’t lose any of my data, did you?” she asked worriedly.

“Just turn it on,” I replied insistently.

Tracy sat down on the couch and turned her laptop on. Normally, it would take her laptop several minutes to boot up. Now, it only takes a handful of seconds.

“Oh my god,” Tracy exclaimed. “That is incredible.”

“And to answer your question, no, none of your data was lost,” I replied.

Tracy gave me a big and long hug and dished out many kudos and attaboys.

No comments: