Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Late For an Important Date…

No one in my immediate life remembered my injection this morning. Not even Tracy and she is so keen on my injections. I was sitting in front of my computer at 9:30am when I realized my shot was due. I almost panicked. I hurriedly put on some clothes with time of the upmost importance and essence. The longer I waited, the busier Kamath Medical would grow. I could be sitting an hour waiting on a nurse.

I was then driving down the Valley to my father’s former pharmacy at a speedy rate – putting my trusty Honda Civic through its paces.

“What are you doing here?” my father asked worriedly looking over his counter.

He thought something dire had happened for me to be at the pharmacy so early.

“My injection is due this morning,” I replied, proud of myself for remembering. 

I even puffed up my chest in bravado a little bit as well.

Dad checked my appointment card that he keeps in his wallet and looked up and said, “Good for you, Andrew!!!”

“I was just about to call you!” Rebecca, my nurse, told me as she called me back to an examining room. “I was just waiting for the clock to hit ten and I was going to be on the phone.”

I thanked Rebecca so very profusely for looking out for me.

I know it is psychosomatic, but I am already feeling better this morning.

5 comments:

Kran's Crackers said...

If I didn't put reminders on the calendar in my phone, I'd never remember any appointments!
- Sharon

glittermom said...

Wow! You seem to be the responsible one around there..why does your dad need the appointment card, he’s the last one to remember. I’m glad Rebecca has your back! She’s a friend.

Summer said...

Buy a calendar and hang on the wall next to your computer or put it on the refrigerator.

glittermom said...

We have suggested a calendar to mark important dates. Obviously no one writes anything down.

Andrew said...

Don't worry! It's me! I have programmed my Samsung Galaxy phone to remind me every two weeks. I was so simple. I don't know why I haven't done it sooner. I guess I was a glutton for punishment!